Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Food? Enviroment?

To be honest, I never really thought about where my food was coming from and its environmental impact until about three years ago. And despite the fact that I have slighty more knowledge about it now then I do then, I am sorry to say that I have not really changed my eating practices to be more green and I could not tell you how green or anti-green they are.

Its not that I don't think that eating green is important, it is and I do know that it takes a lot of natural resources to get that MacDonalds hamburger but just simply is not on my "top ways to be green" list. Sometimes I feel gulity and try to buy local and organic and I eat less meat but that almost always wears off. And I think that part of the reason why that happens is because green food is not pushed as much as green transporation, using green technologies, tecycling and turing off the lights when you leave the room. Because those are things on the top of my list, I use public transportion more then cars or I walk places, I buy and use green lightbulbs, I am a big recycler and I always unplug my electrionics when I am done with them. And I do those things becaue I am repeatdly told to do them and that they are good for the enviroment. If I felt more pressure to eat green, I probably would. Because I do care about climate change and I do want to make a difference, but honestly I like most other Americans am more likely to do something that is green if I am told more often about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment