Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Photographic Memory

For me the times when I have felt the most connected with nature would have to be almost any time I have been out taking photographs. One specific memory is after my town had a huge ice storm I was driving away from the school and all the trees had the sun passing through them so you could see the ice really well. Or another time I was out taking some photos in the woods by a local park and I saw a coyote walking around the woods. I think that I remember these times the best because I have the photos to remind me of them. I have always enjoyed walking around in the woods and just being out in nature and the photos just keep the memory fresh.
I do think that saving nature in a goal we should be pursuing, I think that in human terms I would not want to deprive future generations of being able to see nature. I myself am sad when I read about some awesome animal that has died out and I can never see for real. But also simply for the sake of the planet it does not seem right to remove these animals which are the results of millions of years of development simply due to our desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment